FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
John Galego Receives Five Star Award For Sixth Consecutive Year
Hopkinton, MA February 2021
As seen in Boston Magazine, Five Star Professional has recognized John Galego with the 2021 Five Star Wealth Manager award.
"We are pleased to announce that John Galego has won the 2021 Five Star Wealth Manager award! By earning this honor, John has demonstrated a commitment to clients.
Please offer John your congratulations. Five Star Professional has recognized in the pages of Boston magazine an outstanding group of Boston-area wealth managers. Five Star Wealth Managers are named using an in-depth research methodology that includes ten objective criteria. Congratulations once again to John Galego and to all of our 2021 Five Star Wealth Managers! -- Jonathan Wesser | VP, Operations
Five Star Professional
The Five Star Wealth Manager award program is the largest and most widely published wealth manager award program in the financial services industry. The award is based on a rigorous, multifaceted research methodology, which incorporates input from peers and firm leaders along with client retention rates, industry experience, and a thorough regulatory history review. The Five Star Wealth Manager award, administered by Crescendo Business Services, LLC (dba Five Star Professional), is based on ten objective criteria:
- Credentialed as a registered investment adviser or a registered investment adviser representative;
- Active as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of 5 years;
- Favorable regulatory and complaint history review (unfavorable feedback may have been discovered through a check of complaints registered with a regulatory authority or complaints registered through Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process*);
- Fulfilled their firm review based on internal standards;
- Accepting new clients;
- One-year client retention rate;
- Five-year client retention rate;
- Non-institutional discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered;
- The number of client households served;
- Education and professional designations.
Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or awarded. The award methodology does not evaluate the quality of services provided. And is not indicative of the winner’s future performance. *To qualify as having a favorable regulatory and complaint history, the person cannot have:
- been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a suspended or revoked license, or payment of a fine,
- had more than three customer complaints filed against them (settled or pending) with any regulatory authority or Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process,
- individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint filed with a regulator,
- filed for bankruptcy, or
- been convicted of a felony.